Tahoe Nalu website
Plan for the 2015 Ta-hoe Nalu Paddle Festival presented by Nature’s Bakery. We expect the largest attendance ever this year and you need to make your lodging plans early.
Click below for Lodging:
Come early and enjoy paddling one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Fun race events for all ages and skill levels.
ENJOY THE FUN, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND THE ALOHA SPIRIT on the North Shore Lake Tahoe Kings Beach, CA August 14-16, 2015
The US Open of Stand Up Paddling at Huntington Beach, California brings together the World’s very best athletes for the most comprehensive showcase of the sport at the highest level, while embracing Open and Youth SUP Racing, Prone paddling and other watersports divisions in a celebration of Ocean Culture just south of the Pier.
From the 26th September thru to the 1st October, the Stand Up World Tour Surfing will take center stage, with an Open Trials event for both Men and Women to kick things off on the opening weekend, with Champions crowned. The Main event for both Men & Women will then follow on directly after as Stop #4 of the World Championship Tour.
From the 2nd – 4th October, Surf City USA will host the prestigious stop of the Stand Up World Racing Series, as the World’s best battle towards World Title contention for 2015. In addition to the elite racing, there are open and youth divisions for SUP, but also a variety of other forms of ocean competition, as the US Open of Stand Up Paddling serves as a true celebration of Ocean Culture.
Thurs, July 23th:
Race Registration and MANDATORY Check In
- Location: Duke’s Waikiki Restaurant (Duke Room)
- Time: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (you may come anytime during this time frame)
MANDATORY RACE CHECK-IN on Oahu at Duke’s Waikiki Restaurant
- Racers & boat captains are required to attend.
- The process should take no more than 15-30 minutes.
- Race numbers, race packets and final instructions will be issued to racers at this time.
- Course rules, radio frequencies and docking instructions will be issued to all boat drivers.
- Race officials, safety personnel and organizers will be on hand to answer questions and assist in last minute logistics.
- Duke’s will provide lunch discounts (50% in 2014)
- Additional race t-shirts and posters can be purchased at registration
- Come meet, greet and eat and CHECK IN!
Saturday, July 25th: Pre-Race Meeting
- Pre-Race Meeting
- Location: Kaluakoi Beach Area
- Time: July 25th, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Description: Final event briefings, instructions and weather check. ALL racers are expected to attend. FINAL timing and GPS updates will be handled at that time.
- Dinner: Dinner will be offered to athletes, friends and boat captains for $10. Please prepare to pay in cash. Proceeds go to YOUTH IN MOTION in Molokai. There is no food service at Kaluakoi. Please plan accordingly.
Sunday, July 26th: Race Day
- 6:45am Pre-race Pule’ (Hawaiian Prayer)
- 7:30am Solo and Team Paddleboard Division Start
- 8:00am Solo and Team SUP Division Start
- 10:00am Event Expo Opens on Oahu at Maunalua Bay Beach Park
- 11:30am Top Finishers expected at finish line
- 12:00pm Lunch Service Begins
- 2:00pm Elite Winners Presentation (Media Event)
- 4:00pm Expo Closes/Lunch Service Closes
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm Awards Party at Outrigger Canoe Club* Awards
*The Awards Party is FREE for paddlers, guests are $30 each.
(dinner includes two Kona Brewing beers).
Tickets will be distributed at the door at the Outrigger Canoe club starting at 6:00pm.
Once you login to your account extra tickets can be purchased online at Active.com
limited quantity will be sold. Any questions please email email@example.com
San Clemente Ocean Festival
Saturday & Sunday July 18 & 19, 2015
at the San Clemente Pier
One of the great events of the summer, the San Clemente Ocean Festival is open to everyone. If you paddle, surf, swim, run, SUP, dory, have kids or enjoy just being at the beach…
You will love the San Clemente Ocean Festival!!!
Chris Dunn, CEO of Surftech announced today that Surftech and NSP have joined forces in a distribution agreement for the United States that will commence on July 14th, 2015. The transition moves NSP away from their current distribution partner in move that will expand their reach in the US market. Although the details of the new partnership are still being formalized, the companies will share many of the core administration functions allowing for more efficiency in the field and allowing both brands to scale more rapidly in the market.
“This is an exciting new time for Surftech. It’s our objective to continue to present US retailers with a complete line of high quality surf and SUP retail products. NSP has an excellent product array that compliments the Surftech family of brands and is in no way duplicative.” Chris Dunn CEO of Surftech “The two brands together present an extremely powerful retail combination, one we are excited to a part of moving forward.”
“This change is in the best interest of NSP and its customers,” said Chris Chamberland, NSP Brand Manager. “We are so excited about the next chapter in the evolution of NSP and having a greater input into how NSP will be presented to retailers and consumers.” Operating under its core brand beliefs of Nature, Science, and Passion – NSP will continue to evolve to offer boards that meet the demands of everyone – from beginner through to athletes at the top of their game.
Both NSP and Surftech foresee no disruption to supply of product to retailers during the changeover. Sales contacts and information will be supplied in the days ahead. As two of the largest designers and suppliers of Surf and Stand Up Paddleboards globally, Surftech and NSP offer a diverse range of boards and brands to suit every level and discipline of surfer and stand up paddler.
Surftech, “The original board manufacturing company,” was founded in 1989 in Santa Cruz, California by Randy French. A pioneer of composite technologies, Surftech was the first company to introduce composite manufacturing to the surfing, paddling and SUP industry. Surftech’s business model has always been about board builders giving them a way to scale and expand their businesses with a seamless solution that complimented their existing lineups. In the early 90′s, Surftech partnered with a world-class international factory that matched their commitment to excellence, providing unparalleled capabilities, strong environmental practices, unmatched craftsmanship and most importantly couldscale to meet demand.